The ATLS Instructor Course consists of a variety of teaching-how-to-teach components that are directly related to the ATLS core content:
- Principles and philosophies of teaching the course.
- Management of various student’s behaviors.
- Techniques for giving a lecture.
- Techniques for skills-teaching.
- Techniques for leading group discussion.
- Techniques for critiquing and assessing student’s performance.
- To be able to master the Student Course content and teaching skills.
- To demonstrate a commitment to the care of the trauma patient
- Demonstration of the proper attitude of a model instructor
- Demonstration of effective communication skills
- Willingness to serve as a faculty team member