Ultrasound Guided Vascular Access
This five hours course provides practical “hands-on” training and a structured approach to vascular ultrasound and vessel cannulation. The simulation training enables learners to become more self-confident and proficient in vessel cannulation, a difficult and potentially dangerous procedure, without placing patients at risk.
- Understand the essential physics of ultrasound for the end-user
- Describe the principles of ultrasound operation, use of artifacts, and optimization of images.
- Conquer ultrasound equipment knobology and pitfalls.
- Explore various ultrasound equipment units in detail and learning transducer handling with systematic exercises.
- Master ultrasonography of clinically relevant vessels of the neck and extremities.
- Perform ultrasound-guided vessel cannulation.
This course is for Intensivists/Critical Care Specialists/Cardiologists/Emergency Department Physicians/ Trauma attending not familiar with ultrasound and residents R2 and above involved in acute care.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes