Transesophageal Echo (TEE)
The course will include a combination of interactive lectures and simulation-based training using patient volunteers, task trainers, and high-fidelity mannequins. The course was designed specifically for ‘non-cardiologists’ who routinely provide care to cardiac and vascular surgery patients in the acute and critical care setting.
The fundamental goal of the course is to provide expert knowledge and hands-on training in basic ultrasound, including core competencies in vascular ultrasound, Transthoracic Echo (TTE) and Transesophageal Echo (TEE). A secondary goal is to provide expert training in Lung Ultrasound focusing on identification and diagnosis of common complications in the cardiac or vascular surgery patient.
- Being able to perform a basic TEE examination
- To recognize common pathologies by TEE
- Being able to perform TEE Valves for cardiac surgery patients
- To identify LAA and ASD
- Being able to perform an ICU TEE examination
- Being able to perform rapid vascular and cardiac ultrasound for patients in cardiac failure to determine candidacy for mechanical circulatory support
- To identify and understand the cause of urgent and emergency conditions commonly seen in pre- and post-operative cardiac patients by performing an ultrasound
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes